*U.S. Soccer requires that you must be a minimum of 13 years old to become a referee
FIND AN UPCOMING COURSE
CLICK HERE TO SEE A LIST OF UPCOMING COURSES, THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO REGISTER.
STEP 1: SIGN UP IN THE LEARNING CENTER
- Navigate to https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/courses/available/6/details/2199
- Select “Sign Up” in the upper right corner
- Enter your information
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE BACKGROUND CHECK (18+)
During the certification process outlined below, you will be prompted to complete a background check. This can take up to ten days to process and MUST be completed before taking the course, so please complete this immediately upon sign up. These background checks will only need to be completed every other year. (Background checks from other organizations like CalNorth, US Club, etc. will not qualify.)
STEP 3: TAKE THE COURSE
- Select “Courses” on the top navigation bar: The system will tically load the Available Courses menu upon arrival.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, select Grassroots – First-Time Referees
- Click “Go to Course List“
- Scroll to find “Grassroots Entry Level Course with Digital Field Session” (last item on last page)
- After completing the background check, registration, and payment, complete the online training and test requirements (Assignments Tab)
- Attend the Virtual Field Session
- Your badge will be given to you upon completion of the field session.
Should you need any assistance with registration, email the CNRA Registrar.
All Entry Level Courses that end prior to June 29th will be registered for the current year. Students that successfully complete these courses will receive a Referee badge for the current year and can begin refereeing immediately. Referees are required to renew their license annually for the upcoming season.
Referees that complete their Entry Level Referee Course on or after July 1 will be registered for the next year and receive a Referee badge. These new referees will be able to referee the remaining season in addition to also being able to referee the next year before needing to renew their annual license.